Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

"The Shack" Book Review

I finally did it. I jumped on "The Shack" bandwagon. I had so many friends that had read this book and just loved it. And a couple of friends didn't like it - too weird they said. So I thought I would just see for myself. And I'm glad I did.

The premise of the story is that this guy, Mac, has a weekend encounter with the God of the Universe in His three Persons. I won't give away the actual story, but until I read the back cover (after I was halfway through) I didn't realize it was fiction. It's so well-written and engaged me completely so much that I thought it was someone's real-life experience. And how awesome it would be! Knowing that, I understand it as the parable it is.

The endorsements are fabulous. This book has even been compared to Pilgrim's Progress, and eye-opener for our generation. I have to admit, I can now see God for the Dad He really is for me. And Jesus as my brother (not just Savior that's untouchable), and the Holy Spirit always with me. I really liked this book and highly recommend it to anyone who reads. For more information on this book, visit TheShackBook.com.

0 comments:

Newer Post Home